We all know people who are light on their feet. Fred Astaire comes immediately to mind, as do tennis star Andy Roddick, the great Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter, and WNBA star Candace Parker. Closer ...View Article
Welcome to Integrity Auto & Work Chiropractic office
Chiropractic for Car Accidents & Whiplash
You're stopped at a red light and suddenly you hear tires screeching and the sound of metal hitting metal. In the seconds before you can brace yourself, your car begins moving forward.
You're backing out of a parking spot and someone tries to snake behind you quickly. Before you can hit the breaks or the horn, you hear the sound of metal hitting metal.
Whether it's a major accident or a minor fender bender, whiplash injuries are likely. It can sometimes take several months for symptoms to appear. So what should you do?
Seek help from one of our chiropractors!
Chiropractic helps restore proper motion to the spine allowing them to heal properly from an accident. The longer you wait to address the problem, the more unseen damage there is which typically leads to a longer recovery time.
It's common to minimize your own injuries, especially in a minor fender bender. If that car has little to no damage, then you probably assume you do too. Studies have shown that passengers can be injured considerably more than what you'd expect from a dented fender.
THE CHIROPRACTIC SOLUTION
In most minor car accidents, passengers will go back home or back to work without visiting any doctors. If the accident is bad enough, you might end up visiting the emergency room. They will set any broken bones or give you a prescription to reduce the muscle spasms caused by structural changes in your neck or lower back.
While these things may help temporarily, they will not fix the problem. You'll want help from a health professional that understands soft tissue injuries, spinal biomechanics, and rehabilitation strategies. Call our practice to see how we can be of help.
WE'RE CAR ACCIDENT EXPERTS
You want to work with people who know how to work with lawyers and get your bills covered by the insurance companies. If you've been in a car accident, give us a call. We've helped patients through this many times. We can offer you a drug free treatment, to get you out of pain once and for all.
- Why am I feeling pain in my arms and hands?
- The nerves in your arms and hands exit the spine through the injured area of your neck. Numbness and tingling are common reactions to trauma or loss of proper spinal alignment.
- I was in a car accident over a week ago, why am I just now starting to experience headaches?
- Whether you were in an accident, over-exerted yourself doing yard word, sat too long in the office, your body is constantly adapting to its environment. When your ability to adapt is exhausted, symptoms like pain or headaches will appear. This can take days, weeks, months, or sometimes years to occur.
- Will I ever feel normal again?
- Chiropractic patients experience improved spinal function and relief from their symptoms after only a few visits. Those who delay seeking appropriate treatment often experience a longer recovery time due to exasperated symptoms.
Common Injuries from a Car Accident
There are many injuries that a person can incur after a car accident. The symptoms can range anywhere from annoying to excruciating, depending on the type and severity of the injury. Below are a few of the most common types of accident-related injuries:
- Neck injuries – This type of injury is very common in car accidents because the neck is one of the most vulnerable parts of the body. Some of the common injuries pertaining to the neck include neck strain, disc injury, dislocation of the bone, and whiplash.
- Back injuries – A back can easily develop sprains during a car accident. This injury is most common with people who are not wearing their seatbelts. Some victims experience herniated discs and fractured vertebrae. Back injuries are very painful and can limit a person’s movement significantly.
- Spinal cord injuries – In severe cases of back injuries, the spinal cord can suffer injuries, including bone fragment displacement and tearing of the spinal cord tissue. Some people experience a loss of body function when their spinal cord becomes bruised.
- Head injuries – These are most common in accidents that cause a person’s head to hit against an object. Head injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to severe trauma to the brain. If the brain is injured, it can bleed and swell, which is very dangerous to the victim.
- Facial and outer body injuries – Sometimes a passenger may hit against something in the car, but if the impact is small enough, they only suffer minor cuts and bruises on their face or other parts of their body. Outer injuries tend to become more severe based on the level of impact of the accident.
- Accident injuries can have a significant negative impact on your well being and physical body, so it is important to address them as soon as possible to minimize your risks. One way to counter injuries is to visit a chiropractor, as they are doctors experienced in the field of neck and back injuries. They use treatment processes that encourage the body to heal fully and naturally, without exposing you to the risks and side effects associated with medication and surgery.
AUTO & WORK INJURY
Specializing in auto Accident & work Injury
CALL FOR SAME DAY APPOINTMENT