CHIROPRACTOR FOR HEADACHES
At Integrity Auto & Work Injury Chiropractic Clinic, we understand the debilitating effects of headaches and migraines. These conditions can greatly impact your daily life, making it difficult to work, socialize, and even carry out simple daily tasks. That’s why we offer a range of treatments to help you find relief.
Headaches and migraines are caused by a variety of factors, including tension in the neck and shoulders, poor posture, and stress. Our team of experienced chiropractors will work with you to determine the root cause of your headaches and migraines and develop a customized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs.
We offer a variety of treatments that can help to reduce pain, tension and inflammation, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our chiropractors will work to align the spine and improve mobility in the neck and shoulders, which can help to alleviate tension and reduce the frequency and severity of headaches.
- Massage therapy: Our licensed massage therapists will work to release tension and knots in the muscles of the neck and shoulders, helping to relax and ease pain.
- Acupuncture: Our acupuncturists will use small needles to stimulate specific points in the body, helping to reduce pain and tension.
- Lifestyle advice: Our team will work with you to develop a customized lifestyle plan that includes tips and recommendations to improve your posture, reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
We are dedicated to helping you find relief from headaches and migraines. Our team will work with you to develop a treatment plan that addresses your specific needs and helps you to find long-term relief.
Don’t let headaches and migraines control your life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and start feeling better.
WHAT CAUSES HEADACHES?
This is a hard question to answer since many different types of headaches and many different things can trigger it. stress, a sound, smell or even a person can causes a reaction that results in a headache.
also Misalignments of the spine even in relatively healthy people can cause migraine headaches.
If you suffer from migraines it can be caused by Misalignments of the spine even in relatively healthy people. Spinal misalignment can causes migraine headaches by irritating the nerves that travel through the spine on their way to the head and face region. The only way to know if spinal misalignment is causing your headaches or migraines is to have your spine evaluated by a chiropractor.
CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT FOR MIGRAINE HEADACHES
Recent researches indicates that spinal manipulation provided by doctors of chiropractic may have a significant effect and can be a drug free and much more effective treatment option for chronic headaches specially for those that originate in the neck.
Study shows interventions commonly used in chiropractic care improved outcomes for the treatment of acute and chronic neck pain and increased benefit was shown in several instances where a multimodal approach to neck pain had been used.
many headaches are caused by muscle tension which then misalign the spine, getting these problems aligned again can relieve the headaches. For some people, aligning the spine also leads to a lower level of stress. Going on a regular basis can keep the spine aligned, keeping these headaches from coming back at all.
Now lets see what can be done to avoid headaches caused by Misalignments of the spine:
WHAT CAN YOU DO ?
The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) offers the following suggestions to prevent headaches:
If you spend a large amount of time in one fixed position, such as in front of a computer, on a sewing machine, typing or reading, take a break and stretch every 30 minutes to one hour. The stretches should take your head and neck through a comfortable range of motion.
Low-impact exercise may help relieve the pain associated with primary headaches. However, if you are prone to dull, throbbing headaches, avoid heavy exercise. Engage in such activities as walking and low-impact aerobics.
Avoid teeth clenching. The upper teeth should never touch the lowers, except when swallowing. This results in stress at the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) – the two joints that connect your jaw to your skull – leading to TMJ irritation and a form of tension type headaches.
Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day to help avoid dehydration, which can lead to headaches.
WHAT CAN A DOCTOR OF CHIROPRACTIC DO?
Your doctor of chiropractic may do one or more of the following if you suffer from a primary headache:
- Perform spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments to improve spinal function and alleviate the stress on your system.
- Provide nutritional advice, recommending a change in diet and perhaps the addition of B complex vitamins.
- Offer advice on posture, ergonomics (work postures), exercises and relaxation techniques. This advice should help to relieve the recurring joint irritation and tension in the muscles of the neck and upper back.
Doctors of chiropractic undergo extensive training to help their patients in many ways beyond just treatment for low-back pain. They know how tension in the spine relates to problems in other parts of the body, and they can take steps to relieve those problems.
Cluster headaches can bring some of the most profound levels of pain known to mankind.
A cluster headache strikes without warning. Common signs and symptoms during a headache include:
- Excruciating pain. It’s often around one eye but may also move to your face, head, neck, and shoulders.
- Restlessness and sweating.
- Tearing, redness, or swelling of the eye on the affected side.
- A drooping eyelid.
- Stuffy or runny nose on the affected side.
- Pale skin or flushing of your face.
In general, a cluster period lasts between six and 12 weeks, with the starting date and the length of each cluster staying relatively consistent each time. For instance, cluster periods can crop up every Spring or every Fall. A single headache can last from 15 minutes to three hours and typically, attacks occur at the same time each day, usually striking at night.
While there’s no cure for cluster headaches, Chiropractic care is effective for cluster headaches because it treats the whole patient and focuses on healing your body naturally, without use of expensive medications full of side effects. it is possible to reduce the frequency and severity of your attacks.
If you looking for an experience chiropractor for headache & migraine Integrity Chiropractic Clinic in Beaverton Oregon is here to help.
Make an appointment online or call us at 503-352-0735 – We can help.