At Integrity Auto & Work Injury Chiropractic Clinic in Beaverton, we understand the debilitating effects of shoulder pain and are committed to providing effective and comprehensive treatment options for our patients. Our team of experienced chiropractors and therapists work together to evaluate, diagnose and treat shoulder pain to help you get back to your daily activities as quickly as possible.
Common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Frozen shoulder
Our treatment options include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our chiropractors use gentle, yet effective adjustments to restore proper alignment and movement in the shoulders.
- Physical therapy: Our therapists use a variety of exercises and modalities to help reduce inflammation, improve range of motion and strengthen the muscles surrounding the shoulder.
- Rehabilitation: We provide guidance and education on how to properly care for your shoulder and prevent future injuries.
- Massage therapy: Massaging the muscles surrounding the shoulder can help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Acupuncture: This holistic approach to healing can help to relieve pain and improve mobility.
At Integrity Auto & Work Injury Chiropractic Clinic, we work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that best suits your needs and goals. We also work with your insurance provider to ensure that you get the treatment you need.
Don’t let shoulder pain hold you back from living your best life. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start on your path to healing.
SHOULDER PAIN TREATMENT IN PORTLAND OREGON
The causes of shoulder pain are seemingly endless, but let’s go over some of the more common causes for pain in the shoulder. Shoulder pain may be the result of conditions, such as:
- Neck and upper back tightness
- Spinal misalignment
- Abnormal patterns of movement
- Athletic injuries and automobile accidents
While a few of the items on this list may indicate localized swelling in the shoulder joint, more of them point to the spine as the probable source of pain. The nerves that control the shoulder originate in the spine. If the vertebrae around the neck and upper back are compressed or injured, the nerves that go to the shoulder will be irritated and cause pain. Even a minor spinal misalignment can interrupt communication between the nerves and the shoulder and a cascade of problems can begin. So, what appears as shoulder pain may actually be referred pain from the spinal column.
SYMPTOMS OF SHOULDER INJURY
Due to the wide range of causative factors, shoulder pain and abnormal motion in the joint may develop gradually or come on suddenly. Symptoms of a shoulder injury are occasionally very subtle, but even these can develop into major issues. Since the shoulder joint is used in the vast majority of activities that we engage in daily, all symptoms involving the shoulder should be monitored carefully and treated promptly to avoid progression of the problem. Symptoms indicating the need for an immediate evaluation of the shoulder complex include:
- Shoulder pain that lasts for more than a week
- Shoulder pain that goes away and then returns frequently
- Difficulty raising your arm above your head
- Trouble or pain when carrying objects
- Pain in the shoulder joint that becomes more pronounced in the evening
- Any visual signs of damage to the joint such as bruising or swelling
- Unusual snapping or clicking sensations in the joint during movement
CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR SHOULDER PAIN
Chiropractic care is a gentle and non-invasive alternative to medications and surgeries that provides fast and effective results. Portland chiropractors are trained to deal with issues in the spine and the shoulder complex that result in shoulder pain. In order to determine the cause of your shoulder pain, a chiropractic treatment begins with a thorough evaluation process, using information provided from your medical history, and advanced imaging techniques. Once a correct diagnosis is achieved it will then be used to develop an individualized treatment plan that will help ensure a fast recovery.
Call our team at Integrity Chiropractic Clinic today for help.